Friday, September 22, 2006

Quote Of The Day

Senator Kerry:

"I oppose abortion, personally. I don't like abortion. I believe life does begin at conception. ... But I can't take my Catholic belief, my article of faith, and legislate it on a Protestant or a Jew or an atheist ... who doesn't share it. We have separation of church and state in the United States of America."

I have complete respect for people who personally oppose abortion. Many do. Even some in the pro-choice movement personally wouldn't have an abortion, but understand and support why women must have ownership over their own bodies and their own decisions. I respect those who oppose abortion, as long as they don't force their beliefs or ideology onto me. Or anyone, honestly. Big Government can not enforce or decide morality for others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home