Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Pre-Pregnancy Blues

Forever Pregnant
Guidelines: Treat Nearly All Women as Pre-Pregnant
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/15/AR2006051500875.html?referrer=emailarticle

This mysoginast, insulting and dehumanizing Washington Post article discusses new federal guidelines that ask all females capable of conceiving a baby to treat themselves -- and to be treated by the health care system -- as pre-pregnant, regardless of whether they plan to get pregnant anytime soon.

So...I am a pre-pregnant vessel.

A vessel existing solely to incubate feti.

Among other recommendations, women should also make sure all vaccinations are up-to-date and avoid contact with lead-based paints and cat feces.


I guess the next time I don't clean the litter box I can tell my boyfriend that I can't do it anymore because I am pre-pregnant.

Hey, federal guidelines said so.


Oh, and to note: seems the CDC report itself did not suggest that the only reason to keep women healthy is for baby-making.
Regardless, nowhere in the report does it give suggestions to men on altering their behavior.

Nowhere in the Post article either did it tell men, as pre-impregnantors, to watch their behavior so they can assure they have kept their sacred sperm healthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home