Sunday, April 29, 2007

In Remembrance

Somehow I missed this, but yesterday was "Creating a Day Without Sexual Violence: The National Day of Truthtelling", held in Durham, NC.

Along with all my sisters, I remember and cherish the countless women (and men) who have endured this atrocious form of violence, entitlement and oppression. (I am fully aware and do not deny that men also endure sexual violence, but my blog is woman-centered and focused. I choose to write solely about the oppressions and inequalities women face).

I wish to use this space in remembrance of my neighbor of 2 years ago. I will not recount her story because it is not mine to tell, but I will say this: I think of you often and hope you are well. We got him. He can not hurt you again. I wish for you peace and love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home